From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of GKern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 9:23 AM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] V7 Error (after update of install manager and
7.0.1)

Thanks for responding Shane.

I left the laptop alone after it failed to update to 7.0.1. I could
still
start V7 and get to the RSE workbench.

Then about after four hours of inactivity, the laptop just woke up -
with
a blue screen! I had to do a hard shut down and reboot. Windows XP Pro
SP2, fully patched, had to then 'recover' from a serious error (but I
couldn't find any information about the 'serious error'). Then after
that
spybot kicked in its two cents worth and indicated that something was
trying to update the registry with an invalid value... I didn't do
anything with the spybot message except click on the red x to cancel it
without taking any action.

So then I did a complete uninstall and manually cleaned up the remnants
that the uninstaller orphaned. I can get back to the V7 workbench but
yesterday while the wife was working, it blue screened again. Both of
the
blue screen events happened while WDSCi was NOT active. From what the pc

is telling me it thinks the blue screens are the result of a driver
conflict - but I have no idea which one.

I'm reluctant to try the V7.0.1 update again because if it fails then
WDSCi is unusable and then I'd have to uninstall it and clean up the
orphaned files & folders again. And my wife needs the laptop too and we
can't afford right now to have it out of service to her as she's
preparing
to go out of town.

And as a side note, we did do the R6 uninstall, thinking this (V7) would

be a no brainer since our other three R7 installs went off without
incident. And that uninstall left a LOT of orphaned stuff on the system.

Regards, Jerry

Gerald Kern - MIS Project Leader
Lotus Notes/Domino Administrator
IBM Certified RPG IV Developer
The Toledo Clinic, Inc.
4235 Secor Road
Toledo, OH 43623-4299
Phone 419-479-5535
gkern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of
the
information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the
sender by reply e-mail and destroy this and all copies of this message.