Larry,

Hmm. we've used a procedure similar to the one below since Version 5. I
originally got it from SupportLine. (SupportLine is always a good
resource as a PMR will usually be tracked/monitored until it's resolved.)
I don't have Version 7 yet so you will have to adapt this:

o Make certain the javaw.exe associated with your workbench is not
active. (Use task manager to verify this and 'End Process" if necessary.

o In a command prompt box:

- Switch to the directory where the workbench is installed. In my case
'cd "C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\SDP\6.0\"'
- Type the command 'rationalsdp -initialize -data "{workspace-path}"'

You can watch for the javaw.exe process which is kicked off by the above
command. When it completes, try restarting the normal way.

HTH,
Michael Quigley
AS/400 Programming Section
The Way International
www.TheWay.org

date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 08:32:16 -0500
from: <larry.l.miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: [WDSCI-L] FW: Can't Start WDSC V7

Subject: Can't Start WDSC V7

I loaded V7. I was in the process of starting the application when my
PC locked and
I had to resort to "pushing the button" to turn it off and re-boot.
Today when I try to start V7 I get
an Eclipse error dialogue box with 30 lines of errors, the first being
"JVM Terminated. Exit code = 1"

There is a path to a javaw.exe file followed by 28 functions or
facilities. When I click on the red X
in the upper right corner, the box goes away, but nothing happens
related to starting or recovering
V7.

How "Dead in the water" am I? Is there a path to the JVM to get to a
setting to reset or do I need to
Uninstall/reinstall V7?

Larry L. Miller
Technical Architecture Team