From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Fleming, Greg (ED)
Sent: April 12, 2007 10:38 AM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] V7

Bill,

I'm guessing that what you are referring to is a couple of recent posts
from some folks who got some errors after installing v7 and had to
uninstall and start from scratch, which apparently solved their problem.

I believe these were exceptions. The overwhelming majority of the posts
I've read here regarding v7 installations are very positive, which also
reflects my own experience. I've installed the RPG bits of v7 on three
machines which already had v6 installed, and haven't had any trouble. I
even ran them both simultaneously to do a little compare/contrast and
nothing broke. I've since removed v6 from two of those machines, and
still have had no trouble. One of our programmers ran the default
installation which included some of the WAS stuff she didn't need, and I
ran the installation manager to remove the unneeded bits, and that
worked really well, too.

Also, the first service pack is already out, so there's no need to wait
!!

Oh, I did run into an error on one machine when I tried to install the
service pack during the initial installation. I found it worked better
if I install the base version, then go back and add the service pack.

Greg