Joe,

To bad they dont have our UPDPGM to add modules (classes) :)

Don

From: "Joe Pluta" <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2007 11:40 AM
To: "'Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries'" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] WDSC/WDSC AE v7.0 Fix Pack 1 (7.0.0.1) is nowavailable

From: David Wright

I am downloading now...

Quick question though:
Why are the updates always so large?

Installation Manager says the update is 494 MB... Seems like there
cannot possibly be that many actual changes in the product.

This has to do at least in part with Java. When you update a class in Java
even for the simplest change, AFAIK the standard update technique is to send
the entire JAR file. That being the case, in a decent sized release chances
are that a lot of JAR files will be touched, and thus a good percentage of
the code must be sent.

It would be nice if there was a "JAR patch" type of object.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Joe

P.S. Mine says 524MB, and that means roughly 10 hours for me.