Hi Joe,

APAR SE28531 has been opened for the Ctrl+Shift+A keyboard shortcut
problem.

Regards,
Nazmin Haji

Don
Yantzi/Toronto/IB
M@IBMCA To
Sent by: Websphere Development Studio Client
wdsci-l-bounces@m for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
idrange.com cc

Subject
04/04/2007 01:51 Re: [WDSCI-L] A little question and
PM a bigger issue

Please respond to
Websphere
Development
Studio Client for
iSeries
<wdsci-l@midrange
.com>

Hi Joe,

It looks like the Ctrl+Shift+A keyboard shortcut isn't working from any of
the iSeries specific views but does work from the generic RSE views (like
the Remote Systems view) and the generic Eclipse views (outline,
properties, etc...)

I've opened a defect to get this fixed up.

To answer your bigger question, all key sequences for the workbench and
views are controlled via the General > Keys preference page (also a great
place to find all keyboard shortcuts). Each key combination is assigned
an action and scope (when it is valid). In the case of the iSeries views
they must be grabbing this key combination and not passing it up the
workbench for processing. We'll fix this so they behave nicely.

Don Yantzi
Technical Lead
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
IBM Toronto Lab

"Joe Pluta" <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/30/2007 02:12 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries'" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] A little question and a bigger issue

One of my favorite features of WDSC is Ctrl-Shift-A, which brings up the
Open Member in Editor dialog to open any member using RSE. It's really
great!

However, in WDSC6, the key combination used to work even if I had no
members
open, but now it does not. I tend to create a workbench in which the only
open views are the editor and then the "information" views such as console
and iSseries command log and so on. I Fast View things like the RSE.

Therefore, when I have no members open, I get a workbench that consists of
stack of views on the bottom, a menu on the top, and a big gray block in
between. When I have this configuration, Ctrl-Shift-A doesn't work; I get
no response from WDSC.

If I click on the Fast View icon for the RSE, Ctrl-Shift-A works. If I
have
a member open in edit and it is in focus, Ctrl-Shift-A works.

However, none of the informational views (iSeries command log, iSeries
table
view, or even Tasks) have Ctrl-Shift-A enabled. Remote Systems Details
does, but that's about it.

Small question: can this be fixed? We have a work around: click on a view
such as RSE that enables the key. But it would be nice if the original
behavior still worked.

Bigger question: What determines which key sequences are activated in each
view? Why do these keys no longer work?

Joe

--
This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries (WDSCI-L)

This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries (WDSCI-L)