I've posted about this a couple of times already: the email box on Sam
Palmisano's web page has a staff that constantly monitors it. You WILL get
a response.

My only suggestion is that you only use this for things that really matter
to you, lest important issues get lost in the clutter.

Obviously, the whole Screen Designer thing is quite an issue and it's good
that people are speaking up. And I know that everyone involved with the
package realizes that it needs to be in the standard edition. The problem
is that they're still not sure what the final packaging will be.

That's why I recommend that everyone tell IBM what they're willing to pay
for. I've been saying over and over that WDSC, with all of its pieces, must
be part of 5722WDS. Add a 10% surcharge for the Rational folks, and for
that price include some free seats to the tool (number depending on
processor group). This ensures that EVERY shop has the tools.

And make sure that this version includes everything you want iSeries shops
to use. At the very least this means all the green screen tools and basic
JSP support. But if you REALLY want people to develop for the web, include
EGL with the base package as well.

Then make it easy to buy additional seats and/or high-end features like the
application diagrammer or UML support or EJBs or whatever.

Joe

From: Buck

As Jon recommended, I sent an email to Sam Palmisano about moving Code
Designer into WDSC Standard edition. Got a follow up call from a
gentleman who said that he is handling 5 of these, and that IBM have
created a formal complaint to track them!

I figured I'd get an automated 'thanks for your interest in IBM's
products' but I got a real phone call from a real person.

Sam is listening.