Rich,

I've had a similar error with WDSC 6.0.1. I got error message RSEF1002E
while saving a member. IBM support pointed to the SoftLanding spooled file
plug-ins not releasing a lock . I haven't followed up with Softlanding
because I don't use the extension that often. I found that disconnecting
from the System i, then reconnecting would let me save the member. Have
you installed the Softlanding plugins?

Steve

Steven Morrison
Fidelity Express
903-885-1283 ext. 479

<Rick.Chevalier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
04/03/2007 01:58 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] Member lock when saving iSeries source with 7.0

I just finished the install of 7.0 and am trying RSE for the first time
with the new version. Twice today I have gotten an error while editing
that the member couldn't be saved due to a lock by another job. The job
holding the lock is the communication server for my WDSC session. The
text of the error is:
Member RCHEVA1/QSRCLS(BV1574R) can not be saved on I5DEV. The member is
locked by job QRWTSRVR/QUSER/422757. Click Display job properties button
to view the job properties.
To save the member, remove all read and write exclusive locks on the
member. You can end the job that is locking the member. Ending the job
will free the member

I searched for updates but that didn't go well. The update program found
an update for a feature I didn't have the prereq for and the directory
containing the other update wasn't updateable. I haven't heard of any
updates so maybe I'm just early.

Has anyone encountered this issue with 7.0?

Rick Chevalier
AmeriCredit ITS
817-525-7178

Privileged and Confidential. This e-mail, and any attachments there to,
is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain
privileged or confidential information. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify me immediately by a return e-mail and delete this
e-mail. You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail and/or any attachments thereto, is strictly
prohibited.