From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Kurt Anderson
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2007 8:57 AM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] VARPG Window API call - PrintDlgEx

Tom - I'm trying to get newsgroup access.  At the moment I can only post
through Google (which the general newsgroup won't see).

Mike - Looks like you've lead me in the right direction, although I
really can't find any documentation on those functions.  I keep getting
the E_INVALIDARG result - which seems odd since the only parameter I'm
passing is a pointer.  I'm allocating the data structure before I make
the call, but I'm wondering if I'm supposed to be initializing some
fields or something.

Here's my data structure:
     D pPrintDialogDS  S               *
     D PrintDialogDS   DS                  Based( pPrintDialogDS )
Qualified
     D  lStructSize                  10u 0
     D  hWndOwner                    10u 0
     D  hDevMode                     10u 0
     D  hDevNames                    10u 0
     D  hDC                          10u 0
     D  Flags                        10u 0
     D  Flags2                       10u 0
     D  ExclusionFlags...
     D                               10u 0
     D  nPageRanges                  10u 0
     D  nMaxPageRanges...
     D                               10u 0
     D  lpPageRanges                   *
     D  nMinPage                     10u 0
     D  nMaxPage                     10u 0
     D  nCopies                      10u 0
     D  hInstance                    10u 0
     D  lpPrintTemplateName...
     D                                 *
     D  lpCallBack                     *
     D  nPropertyPages...
     D                               10u 0
     D  lphPropertyPages...
     D                                 *
     D  nStartPage                   10u 0
     D  dwResultAction...
     D                               10u 0

And this is how I'm allocating it:
         pPrintDialogDS = %alloc( %size( PrintDialogDS ) );

Do I need to allocate the subfield pointers?

Kurt Anderson
Application Developer
Highsmith Inc