I didn't realize that you  were discussing editing SQLRPGLE. As Brian
mentions, in WDSC this brings up 2 source edit windows.

Steve

Steven Morrison
Fidelity Express
903-885-1283  ext. 479

smorrison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/22/2007 03:12 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] Compile SQLRPGLE in WDSC vs Green Screen.

|If I compile a program in PDM and then do a F15, type 2 and then search
|for *err, I find the errors. Now the important thing here that when the
|compile runs, it is submited to batch. It is still being compiled to
|QTEMP but it finds the error without any problems.

Alan,

From where are you doing the F15 ?  When I compile in PDM, I do so from
the
"Work With Members Using PDM" screen using option 14.  From this screen,
F15 is "Sort Date" which just sorts all the members by date.
What am I missing ?

The previous poster left out that he was editing a source member, then
pressed F15, Option 2. This brings up a split screen of the source member
and the compiler listing. By searching for *ERR in the Compiler listing
you can skip to the next error.

WDSC offers similar functionality. After submitting a source member
compile job, the iSeries Error List window shows all of the errors in the
compiler listing. Clicking on the error in that window jumps to the line
in error in the source window. It also embeds the error line in the source

member if you prefer to track your errors that way. the error listings can

be removed from the source member by choosing Source/Remove Messages.

Steve

Steven Morrison
Fidelity Express
903-885-1283  ext. 479