Maybe you already found it out yourself, but you can cange also change the
content of the VM configuration directly by opening the .vmx file in a text
editor like notepad. Handy to tweak settings that aren't accessible via the
menu's.

Best regards,
Arco Simonse

message: 5> date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 17:06:08 -0400> from: Brian
<system.i.lists@xxxxxxxxx>> subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] WDSC in VM> > Joe,> >
Occasionally, we have moved VMs between physical servers so this should also>
work with moving from one physical drive to another. The steps are something>
like...> > 1) Stop the VM> 2) Copy the VM image file to the new location> 3)
Change the properties of the VM to reflect the new path.> 4) Start the VM and
if asked to change the SID answer NO.> 5) Delete the original VM.> > Using a
variation of this procedure, you could create a "template" VM of> WDSC and
anytime you needed a new instance, just copy the image file to a> new name,
update the path and assign a new SID when requested.> > I'm hoping the
improvements in V7 will allow WDSC to run satisfactorily from> a network
drive or an external USB drive.> > Kind regards,> > BJ> > > > On 3/21/07, Joe
Pluta <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:> >> > > From: albartell> > >> > > I
just set one up to be 30GB in size for my XP Pro VMWare instance. 8GB> > >
was> > > the default when I initially created it and was unable to change it>
after> > > the fact so I simply deleted that instance and re-created at
30GB.> >> > I'm still trying to get a good feel for whether I can copy off
both the> > virtual disk drive and the associated server information onto a
network> > device and then delete the local copy, thus freeing up the space
on the> > local drive.> >> > The idea is to create a repository of working
servers on the network drive> > and copy them onto the local drive as needed.
I'm sure I could use the> > network drive as my repository, but that's a lot
of extra overhead that> > I'd> > like to avoid. Instead, I'd like to simply
copy in whichever> > configurations> > I need when I need them.> >> >
Besides, running off the 15K local drives has to perform better than> >
running> > off network disk, no matter how fast your network.> >> > Joe> >>
--> > This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
(WDSCI-L)> > mailing list> > To post a message email: WDSCI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx> >
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,> > visit: