Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] How to build/bind an ILE program in WDSC
From: "albartell" <albartell@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, March 17, 2007 10:03 am
To: "'Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries'"
<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have been using WDSC since 4.x versions and do nearly ALL my development
in an ILE fashion (i.e. lots of modules and service programs).  I can do all
my editing and compiling of modules in WDSC, but I don't believe there is a
solid out of the box way to create service programs.

Most of the time my service program creation is one module to one service
program.  It would be cool to have some sort of config that you could define
once and upon executing it a service program would be created.  Right now I
create custom CLLE programs that I call BUILD for each "project" I work on
and then I simply call those to create my service program objects.

A more ILE aware WDSC would rock.  Or maybe I just need to be more aware of
some features it already has?

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com