When I use the right-click, /copy member, open for editing function and do
a search&replace, I can quickly Alt+arrow-key between the two tabs
(side-by-side, if I've dragged the copy-member to edit it side-by-side)
and the search&replace values are still active  - -  at least editing
COBOL, I don't recall that RPG is different.

I would tend to agree with having the copy-member in a separate window. If
I'm changing something on the interface for it, I'm going to have to
modify it in at least a couple other places.  If I'm changing Calc specs,
I'm not sure I see any benefit over having that in a separate tab/window.
If not, then why do we put these things in a copy-member?

Michael Quigley
AS/400 Programming Section
The Way International
www.TheWay.org

date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 08:25:05 -0500
from: "albartell" <albartell@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Customizing WDSC

It would make it that much more streamlined to develop IMO.  Let's say you
were doing a find/replace. It would be nice to have the copy books
included
in that source file when the find/replace deals with a procedures
interface
and prototype.  I also store "public" DS's that I are used to pass to sub
procedures in the copybook.  Having them all available in one window
would,
again, make find/replace very easy and would keep me from forgetting to
change the others.  Of course I would eventually get notified of it during
compile...

Aaron Bartell