Hi Bob,

Well if you are on V6.0.1, you should see a compile toolbar button for RPG
members (which will prompt you to save if needed).
An improvement in v7.0, is that the Compile menu and toolbar buttons are
there for ALL member types, not just DDS, RPG, COBOL and CL.

As for compile feedback, when compiling via RSE, or Remote Systems LPEX
Editor,  the results of the command itself appear in the iSeries Commands
Log view, and for compilers that support events files, any generated errors
appear in the Error List view once compile completes.

I believe if you check the archives, there are extensive discussions on how
to override/define key behaviour in LPEX.

thanks,

Violaine Batthish
WebSphere Development Studio Client, IBM Toronto Lab