Joe,

As a fluke, just this weekend I was introduced to VMware because I have a Windows 98 installation that I just hate to give up because it has an integrated phone and email messaging system on it that Microsoft beta'd in 1997 and then never released and only runs on Win98. VMware was able to host the entire physical PC in a virtual environment and it migrated without a hitch. Win98 is now happily residing inside a VMware partition on a nice, new dual core Intel box running XP Pro. This is a home machine so it doesn't get a heavy workout but it at least allowed us to join the 21st Century. My wife can now actually get some work done in a relative secure computing environment.

So, VMware gets my vote on flexibility and ease of use. Like the IXS/IXA combinations on System i and Linux in an LPAR, it is great to create clean "reference" installation and then just copy the thing when you need to fire up a new instance.
Give it a whirl.

Pete

Joe Pluta wrote:
More and more it looks like I just need to sit down and get comfortable with
VMWare.  I bought the server to do just this level of computing, so I should
start playing.  It's also a great environment for messing around with Linux,
especially since I can completely smoke the configuration and easily go back
to a previous version <grin>.

Joe