Adam,

Please update me if you do find a way to create VMs with VMPlayer but AFAIK,
VMPlayer is just that.. a player. The most common way I've seen it employed
is for distribution of desktop applications where you bundle everything up
in a VM and then use VMPlayer as the lightweight runtime environment.

Yeah, it will take a heafty machine to run WDSC in a VM but if you're
already running the full WDSC V6 then chances are that the only thing you
will need to do is add RAM... I would recommend 4GB.

Kind regards,

BJ

On 3/13/07, AGlauser@xxxxxxxxxxxx <AGlauser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Brian wrote on 13/03/2007 09:55:48:

> The licensing for a Windows desktop OS like XP Pro is different and in
> addition, you cannot create a VM for a Windows desktop OS using the free
> VMWare Server; It can host the VM but it cannot create it. To create a
VM
> for a Windows desktop OS you will need to purchase one of the
> non-free VMWare products like VMWare Workstation.

I think there is a way to create the VM image for use with the free
VMPlayer without purchasing VMWare Workstation.  I found some howto
articles when I was looking in to running WDSC in a VM on Linux (haven't
accomplished that yet due to time and computer resources - running a VM
big enough for WDSC takes a big machine!).

HTH,
Adam