Joe,

We have four IXA attached xSeries servers on our 520+ with each running
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition as the host OS for VMWare Server.
Each physical server is running multiple VMs without any problems. The
licensing for Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition allows you to run up to
four virtual servers on one physical server without any additional licensing
expense. I'm thinking you could leave your host OS (and WDSC V6) in 64-bit
mode and create a VM instance running in 32-bit mode to accommodate WDSC V7
without much difficulty.

Kind regards,

BJ

On 3/13/07, Joe Pluta <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Brian
>
> Since you've got a pretty beefy machine, have you considered loading the
> free VMWare server and running WDSC in its own VM?  I'm considering this
> route for my machine so that I can be assured that "playing" with V7
will
> not in any way interfere with my production V6 instance.

That's a thought, Brian.  A pretty weird and twisted and overall really
bizarre thought, and thus one that just might work <grin>.

I'm just waiting for IBM to officially tell me that 64-bit Windows on an
xSeries is an unsupported configuration (at which point I may actually
lose
my mind) before I begin the plans to do something drastic.

Ripping 64-bit Windows out of the network is a possible strategic goal,
but
maybe a VMWare bag on the side of the box will do the trick.

Joe