Hi Michael,

I'm afraid that's not how projects work.
Currently there are two ways to compile from within a project (assuming you
are using v6.0.1)
1. Submit a build of the whole project
2. Right-click in the iSeries projects perspective tree, select Remote
Actions->Compile->a_compile_command

Unfortunately projects cannot be configured to do what you are asking.

thanks,

Violaine Batthish
WebSphere Development Studio Client, IBM Toronto Lab