I will say this with, I hope, not much chance of adding to confusion - do NOT try to download the standard version - it will cost you $1500, and you have the right to get the refresh if you have 5722-WDS on the iSeries - PDM, etc. It is NOT the refresh that might be the 16th date's item.

No one on this list should be shelling out that money for the standard edition. PERIOD!

So as Adam Glauser put so well, the AE is the only way to get the Designer piece in 7 - there lies the wub - and I bet you have to pay the full $4600 to get it - I don't see anywhere that you get credit for the standard edition when you get Advanced.

But the pricing on the Web has nothing to do with what we get when we purchase 5722-WDS -- that licensed product contains unlimited licenses to the standard edition still, and to refreshes so long as you are current on software maintenance.

BTW - Violaine and Don Y. and others who respond to us here - thank you for all your efforts. You are not the ones who made the decision, I believe, about how this is to be marketed and bundled - I appreciate that you have not and probably will not address these pricing matters. Many thanks again for all you have given us.

Vern