A couple of years ago I went to Devcon and was convinced by George Farr
that WDSC was the way to go. What I saw look really impressive and it
was also supposed to increase my productivity.

I promptly returned to my company and requested a new PC capable of
running WDSC and to have it loaded on this new machine. They provided a
new PC that probably cost them around $1,500 (Just guessing). Then I
lost one full day's productivity installing and updating WDSC costing my
company the price of my salary for one day. To this day if I do an
update on my WDSC it will cost me around an hour. (Setting it up to auto
update has never worked!)

I then embarked on the long learning curve for teaching my self how to
use the product. This for several weeks turned projects that might have
taken me 1 or 2 hours in SEU & SDA now took all day in WDSC. More lost
salary for my company.

Now that I am past the learning curve on WDSC this is what I have
discovered. "For me anyway".
1. I am much faster at developing DSPF & PRTF using Code Designer.
2. I can code RPG a little faster in WDSC than SEU.
3. All the time I gain in coding is then sacrificed every time I update
my outline or verify a program. Both takes about 60 to 90 seconds and of
course I do it several times a day.

The bottom line for me is that I feel my company has spent enough money
on this tool! I am sure they will agree since I am not the only
developer they have spent this time and money on! I may just have to go
back to using SEU & SDA tomorrow and save my self and my company any
further wasted time and money.

IBM, please reconsider this decision and put the screen designer in the
basic version were it belongs!

Jeff