From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of albartell
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 8:39 AM
To: 'Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries'
Subject: [WDSCI-L] Tip: Debug CGI Pgms via Service Entry Points was
->RE:CGI Pgm SEP UPDPROD(*YES) - how?

That was it.  Thanks to all who responded.

So here is an additional tip for those of you who are attempting to
debug CGI Pgms via SEP.  After you right click on the PGM you want to
set a SEP on it will of course add it to the SEP view.  But running the
program doesn't cause debugging to happen at this point.  The reason
being is because the debug isn't running under your iSeries profile
(i.e. AARON in my case) and is instead running under QTMHHTP1 (in my
case).  Right click on the SEP in the SEP view that was just created and
select Modify and change the user from your iSeries profile to QTMHHTP1.
Now run your CGI program again and it SHOULD bring up the iSeries
Debugger in WDSC - way cool!

Hope that helps somebody else who runs into the same issue. This is more
for the archives (searching) than anything else.

P.s. I thought it would have used iSeries profile QTMHHTTP and not
QTMHHTP1 as that is what the CGI batch jobs are running under <shrug>
who knows.

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com