Do you have a link to the update page for WAS 6.0.2.17 Eric?

-----Original Message-----
From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Eric D. Peters
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 9:47 AM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Windows 259 Character URI Limit

Hi Shannon,

Updating your WAS to the latest version(6.0.2.17) should resolve the
Windows limit of 259 characters issue.

Regards,

Eric D. Peters
Web & Java Development Tools for iSeries

             "Shannon

             O'Donnell"

             <shannon.odonnell
             @customcall.com>          <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

             Sent by:
cc
             wdsci-l-bounces+e

             ricdp=ca.ibm.com@
Subject
             midrange.com              [WDSCI-L] Windows 259 Character
URI
                                       Limit

             02/21/2007 10:31

             AM

             Please respond to

                 Websphere

                Development

             Studio Client for

                  iSeries

             <wdsci-l@midrange

                   .com>

So... what's the story on Windows having  a259 character limit on URI's?
This is playing havoc with my naming scheme when creating new web
services in WDSC:

O Exception: java.io.IOException: URI length is greater than Windows
limit of 259 characters. C:\Program
Files\IBM\Rational\SDP\6.0\runtimes\base_v6\profiles\default\wstemp\110e
4e514de\workspace\cells\shannonpc2Node01Cell\applications\CrappyTimeBake
rysEAR.ear\deployments\CrappyTimeBakerysEAR\CrappyTimeBakerys.war\WDSC\C
rappyTimeBakerys\WebContent\WEB-INF\wsdl\WIntCodePRBeanServices.wsdl

Is there a work around for this 259 Character limit, short of renaming
things, which I would rather not do, but will if I have to.