<rant>

Looks like another case often cited by Joe Pluta of IBM working hard to
"snatch defeat from the jaws of victory."  CODE Designer has been a great
selling points for getting people out of PDM/SEU/RLA.  I've worked with a
developer who really doesn't like the workbench, but uses it because it's
got CODE Designer.

If I say I'm disappointed, I'm making a great understatement.  I'll see
how long I can put off going to Vista.  (I really won't complain about
that part--I would rather wait anyway <grin>.)  But the day will come when
the OS upgrade won't be optional.  Oh well, maybe I'll retire by then.  I
guess the other option is the Advanced Edition, but trying to get the
money for that is a longer shot than getting IBM to sell the AS/40-- oops,
iSerie-- oops, System i.

</rant>

date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 08:14:53 -0500
from: Violaine Batthish <batthish@xxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Code/400 Install Vista

Hi Andy,

There are no plans to update CODE/400.
As for WDSC, it is one of our requirements to support Vista.  I would note
that Rational (upon which WDSC is built) also currently doesn't support
Vista.

thanks,

Violaine Batthish
WebSphere Development Studio Client, IBM Toronto Lab