Shannon,

It sounds like you don't have the whole update.  IIRC the update from
6.0.0 to 6.0.1 is more like 1.2GB.  After installing WDSC 6.0 from CD or
DVD, the first thing RPU wants is to update itself.  I don't believe
that's too large of an update.  But then it'll try to do a whopper of an
update which is larger than 1 GB.  Your system may be trying to do the
download and just not look like it's going anywhere.

Actually, I just checked and I've got the wdsc601.zip file and it is 1.71
GB.  I've done the update locally and it worked great from this file.
(Although it still takes a while to apply almost 2GB of updates.)

Michael Quigley
AS/400 Programming Section
The Way International
www.TheWay.org