wdsci-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
02/07/2007 12:02 PM
Please respond to
wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx

cc

Subject
WDSCI-L Digest, Vol 5, Issue 70

Xuan,

Thank you so much!  I have been trying to teach myself by just using wdsc
and I didn't know about this "cache" for RSE.  It did the trick!!

Thanks,
Kara

------------------------------

message: 6
date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 12:47:53 -0500
from: Xuan Chen <xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] debugging SQL stored procedure - old code cache
                 somewhere?

Kara,

Could you please put your mouse over the tab of the editor which displays
your source and see what is the path of the source?

And also please try if you still got the incorrect source after you do a
clearing of file cache?

Window -> Preferences -> Remote System -> File Cache, and click on Clear
Cached Files.

Thanks,

Xuan Chen,  Problem Determination Tools for iSeries
(905) 413-3769 T/L 969-3769
xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx

Kara Burkhalter <Kara.Burkhalter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
02/07/2007 12:12 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] debugging SQL stored procedure - old code cache somewhere?

Ok, hopefully I can explain this. I know how to debug an SQL Stored
procedure and I have done it successfully. I have been using the iSeries
debugger thru Rational/WDSc. My problem is that my source code in debug is

pulling old source code like its cached somewhere, but I don't know where.

I have my set option = *SOURCE. The source comes up in debug but it has
old code that is not in my existing code anymore. It won't step thru it
since its not the code its actually debugging. If I right click while in
debug and do a switch view and switch it to *LIST the correct code comes
up, but not for *SOURCE. I went into the library where the procedure was
created and even looked at the *SOURCE listing it generated (in QSQDSRC)
and sure enough it was the correct code. So my question is why am I
getting old code in the debugger? Am I missing something? I deleted all my

debug jobs and started over thinking that was it and still go the same old

code. I moved the project up to CVS and deleted the project from my
workspace and then checked out the project again and still the same old
code for debug. Please, can someone help?!?!

Thanks
Kara

This message contains confidential and proprietary information and is
intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use,
distribution, copying or disclosure by any other person is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
e-mail sender immediately, and delete the original message without making
a copy. For information on the UW Foundation's privacy policy, please
visit:
UW Foundation Privacy Policy