From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
AGlauser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 11:29 AM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Organisation of filters, pools, etc

Hi again Rick,

Upon re-reading your initial post, I'm a bit confused.

You wrote:
This is roughly how I work, and I would welcome any
advice on how to
improve the organisation of my RSE :

This makes it sound like these are the steps you already have
in place.

You wrote:
2. When the new connection is created, I can see a filter
pool that
is common to all connections. I'm not sure about how that
works, so
any ideas would be great.

This makes it sound like you want to have a common filter
pool across connections, but you aren't sure how to do so.
Have you already got filter pools enabled?  Does you default
filter pool (the one that is named the same as your profile)
automatically show up in new connections?

You wrote:
The only issue I have with multiple connections is that the filter
names appear to be required to be unique across
connections.  I'd like
to use consistent names but it's not that critical.

If you can manage to get the same filter pool in each
connection, this should take care of itself, as you will use
the _exact same_ filters in all connections.  If, as you
said, they are based on *CURLIB, then they should show
different info for each connection as desired.  I think that
sounds like quite an elegant solution - good thinking!

HTH,
Adam

Attention:

The information contained in this message and or attachments
is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you received this message in
error, please contact the sender and delete the material from
any system and destroy any copies. Thank you for your time
and consideration.

Attention:

Le contenu de ce message et(ou) les fichiers ci-joints
s'adressent exclusivement à la personne ou -entité à laquelle
ils sont destinés. Ils peuvent contenir de l'information
confidentielle, protégée et(ou) classifiée. Il est
strictement interdit à toute personne ou entité autre que
le(la) destinataire
prévu(e) de ce message d'examiner, de réviser, de
retransmettre ou de diffuser cette information, de prendre
une quelconque action en fonction ou sur la base de celle-ci,
ou d'en faire tout autre usage. Si vous avez reçu ce message
par erreur, veuillez communiquer avec l'expéditeur(trice),
supprimer ce message et les fichiers ci-inclus de tout
système, et en détruire toutes copies, qu'elles soient
électroniques ou imprimées. Nous vous remercions de votre
entière collaboration.

Privileged and Confidential.  This e-mail, and any attachments there to, is
intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain
privileged or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify me immediately by a return e-mail and delete this e-mail.
You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mail and/or any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.