"b) Because it runs on the system i, it doesn't ram Windows down my throat."

Hear,hear! A Linux version of WDSC would be excellent. I have a few applications that force me into Windows from time to time but WDSC is the biggest reason for me to boot into the dark side.

Biggest issue is that I BSOD pretty frequently in Windows XP because of a documented but unfixed bug (for a couple of years) with my ATI Radeon mobility 9600 drivers and Java. It's a bummer because it is impossible to predict, but usually happens when I have WDSC and tn5250j and a few other Java apps open. Brings down this whole house of cards called WinXP.

I'll breath a big sigh of relief when I spend 99% of my day in Linux.

Pete