Jon,

You don't need the Aldon plug-ins to use WDSC for developing.

Even with the plugin, I often don't use it.
All the plugin basically does is allow for check outs/check ins, and
access to the ACMSCREATE command for compiling via Aldon.

The only catches I can think of:
- The library list WDSC uses must be the same as what Aldon would use
from the DVP environment.
- Using ACMSCREATE the modules/service programs/compile settings
specified in Aldon are used when compiling an object.
  If the user isn't using binding directories or doesn't have the
binding directory specified via h-specs, the WDSC compile will fail.

The reason I often don't use the Aldon plugin for compiling via
ACMSCREATE is that you don't get an iSeries error list back when you use
ACMSCREATE like you do with the standard WDSC compile.  At least that's
the case with v5.06 perhaps its been added in the current 6.04.

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343
fax: 513-398-1121