message: 7
date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 07:54:49 -0500
from: "Michael Ryan" <michaelrtr@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Converting to free form

Would you rather have the conversion process delete them and lose the
information?

Bill responds...
The information is lost anyway because the compiler complains and then
it is extremely time consuming to go thru every line and manually delete
the offending characters.  Prior to V5R4 the compiler ignored anything
in cc1-5 now it doesn't.  My question still stands, if the compiler is
going to complain then the characters in cc1-5 should be either moved
and commented or deleted.  I like the conversion (for the most part) it
is this one point that just seems wrong.