Susanne & Violaine--

experienced something similar yesterday, possibly just coincidence, or may be related

was adding a new procedure, merrily coding along in free form when attempted to add an inline // comment trailing an "else;" statement, but noticed that moving the cursor off that line caused the entire line to go green, signifying that the entire line had been made a comment?

then noticed that the entire new routine was not colored, which was somewhat puzzling - checked member type, it was RPGLE

turned out that the issue was the /free and /end-free directives starting in position 8, not position 7, adjusting this brought the proper commenting and coloring back, but only once the lines had been "touched"

unsure whether the compiler requires the /free and /end-free to start in 7, checked by changing an existing routine so they're in 8, saving, closing, opening and find that it's all in black with only the comments in green and that the trailing comment now colors the entire line green - ran a compile to test and it failed with many RNF0258 "Form-Type entry is not valid for subprocedures, or is out of sequence." messages

does seem rather ironic that the directive which serves as the gateway to free form _must_ be in a _fixed_ position ;)

suggest it might be friendly to do one or the other of the following...

- allow the /free and /end-free directives to start in other positions
- warn the developer if/when they place it where it should not be

thx & hth,

--Jerome