Perhaps Aaron like many of the rest of us couldn't get the previous
versions of the debugger to work because of the idiot way the debugger
call-back mechanism was implemented.

Though I am not as well versed in the details of WDSC communication to my
iSeries, I would say that this sounds like a fair assessment of what I am
experiencing.  I have gone the routes of trying to open ports on my router
and such to no avail.

The pre-V6 versions would only work if there was no NAT translation going
on between the System i and the PC.

This would probably explain why my connecting to machines through VPN works
flawlessly (no time outs, etc) and all other connections done without VPN
are constantly dropping (every 10 minutes or so).

The new Service Entry Point approach is a dream to use compared with the
obfuscation of the older methods and at last I'm actually able to use WDSC's
debugger.

I have been watching comments on this feature and am very intrigued as it
sounds like I can by-pass a *PGM when testing my *SRVPGM's - rock on!  I
will give it another shot on my VPN connection.

Thanks for the comments Jon,
Aaron Bartell