Hi group,

I have been experimenting with different web browsers, because I find that
FireFox 1.5.0.7 has been kind of slow lately.

Running on WinXP Pro SP1, I found that Opera 9.02 is slightly faster to
start up, but lacks many of the handy extensions I use in FireFox.

When I switched the help browser for WDSCi (Lite), I noticed that I get a
different left-pane list of subjects when I use FF versus Opera.

This is the TOC in FireFox:

TurnOver
TurnOverSVN
QuantumDB User's Guide
Rational ClearCase SCM Adapter
EMF Programmer's Guide
EMF Service Data Objects (SDO) Programmer's Guide
Extending Hyades
Log and Trace Analyzer
Profiling Tool
JDT Plug-in Developer Guide
Java Development User Guide
PDE Guide
Platform Plug-in Developer Guide
Workbench User Guide
Guide to WebDAV and FTP
Remote System Explorer Developer Guide
Remote System Explorer User Guide
Introduction to WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Developing iSeries server applications
Developing Java applications
Detecting and analyzing runtime problems
Testing and publishing applications to a server
Connecting to Linux, UNIX, Windows, and iSeries servers
Working in a team environment

But in Opera, this is what I get:

 TurnOver
 TurnOverSVN
 QuantumDB User's Guide
 Rational ClearCase SCM Adapter
 EMF Programmer's Guide
 EMF Service Data Objects (SDO) Programmer's Guide
 Extending Hyades
 Log and Trace Analyzer
 Profiling Tool
 JDT Plug-in Developer Guide
 Java Development User Guide
 PDE Guide
 Platform Plug-in Developer Guide
 Workbench User Guide
 Guide to WebDAV and FTP
 Remote System Explorer Developer Guide
 Remote System Explorer User Guide
 Introduction to WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
 Installing and migrating
 Navigating and customizing the workbench
 Developing iSeries server applications
 Developing Web applications and services
 Developing portals and portlets
 Developing Java applications
 Developing data access applications
 Developing EGL applications
 Building XML applications
 Detecting and analyzing runtime problems
 Testing and publishing applications to a server
 Debugging applications
 Connecting to Linux, UNIX, Windows, and iSeries servers
 Working in a team environment
 Troubleshooting and support
 Reference
 Glossary
 Rational Software Architect

I double-checked this by pasting the help URL from one browser to the
other, but the result remains the same: different TOC's.

FWIW, Internet Exploder 6.0 gives the same TOC as FF.

Is it something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Peter Colpaert
Application Developer
PLI - IT - Kontich, Belgium
-----
Yoda of Borg are we.  Futile is resistance, assimilated will you be.
-----