Violaine,

 I have a few enhancements I'd like to see for the debug views.

1) When the debug server is not started (for service entry point
activation), just start it automatically, instead of tellng us how to start
it and having to enter the info again.

2) I love the "display variable value" function when hovering the mouse
pointer over a variable.  I'd like to see it enhanced to display a red
balloon (as opposed to the usual yellow) when there's a problem displaying
the variable value.  Of course, the text should describe the problem.
"Problems" include a parm that wasn't passed or the module is not in the
call stack, etc.

3) When attempting to hover over a large variable (example: a data
structure of a DB record), the yellow balloon pops up, going across the
whole screen, but no value is displayed.

4) Double clicking on a variable places it into the Monitors pane, but it
doesn't check if it's already there.  It would be nice if it would not
duplicate.  The cursor should just be placed on the existing entry.

5) It would be nice if the Service Entry Points screen would remember (fill
in) the last values entered, so I don't have to use the drop down boxes to
select the same values each time I enter a Service Entry Point.  Of course,
the drop down values would still be retained for older entries.

6) There is a "find procedure" search.  I would appreciate an addition to
that: "find subroutine."

7) Allow adding a Monitor variable manually, instead of only double
clicking it.  Is there a way to do that now?

 Thank you.

 -mark

http://mail2web.com/ .