Have you created the same version of the test environment?  I know I had
to use 5.1 test environment cause the 6.0 wouldn't work.

Ron Power
Information Services
City Of St. John's, NL
P.O. Box 908
St. John's, NL
A1C 5M2
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm. -
Sir Winston Churchill

Mike Burdette <Mike.Burdette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
2006/09/21 11:45 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

[WDSCI-L] Debugging web applications in IBM Rational Software Development
Platform Version: 6.0...

Hi all:

Well, I made the move from WDSC 5.0 to WDSc 6 (Rational). Of course I
burned all bridges and opened up my workspace with WDSc 6 without a recent

After creating multiple workspaces and trying several different ways, I am

unable to debug my web application in Rational at all. After creating a
new workspace and importing my existing projects, when I select my servlet

and choose to "Debug on Server", I am told, "Could not find a server to
run the selection." The next time I try to debug it, I am not given the
"Debug on server" option, only "Debug". When I select this, I am presented

with the "Create, manage, and run configurations" dialog box. I select WAS

6.0 under configurations and it looks like a new config is being set up. I

am told however that : " The Enterprise Application must contain at least
one Application Client." However the only option I am given under the
Application Client module is the "Default" option, which is apparently not

the right answer, but it is the only answer you can choose.

I am frustrated, and tired of trying the same thing over again with the
same results (yes, I am living this definition of insanity). I have used
WDSc 5.0 for 2 years, and thought I understood how it worked, but I was
very wrong it appears.

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone and can you offer any help? I
have followed the steps in the help section and tutorials of WDSc, but am
not getting the results advertised.

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.