Hi Rob,

SQL syntax checking in Remote Systems LPEX Editor occurs on the host, using
the same API that SEU does, and actually does the syntax checking on the
host (this does impact performance).
The SQL syntax checker is available for members of type SQLRPGLE.
For automatic syntax checking, you will need to go to the ILE RPG parser
preference page and select automatic syntax checking.
However, you can always syntax check all (from the Source menu) which will
syntax check your entire member, including the SQL statements.
Alternatively, you can also select your SQL statement, right-click and
select Syntax check selection (this also is not impacted by the automatic
SQL syntax checking preference).

I would also note that there is an APAR for SQL syntax checking and the
prompt view (SE26333):
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=715&context=SSZND2&dc=DB550&uid=swg1SE26333&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

thanks,

Violaine Batthish
WebSphere Development Studio Client, IBM Toronto Lab