Hi Greg,

It looks like a problem we are currently working on.  It seems the SQL
pre-compiler did not generate the right debug view.  There is a PTF
available for V5R3 (I need to check with SQL team for the number), but they
are still working on the V5R2 one.  I will find out the PTF # and post it
here.

Thanks,

Xuan Chen,  Problem Determination Tools for iSeries
(905) 413-3769 T/L 969-3769
xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx

             "Fleming, Greg
             \(ED\)"
             <GFLEMING@evergla                                          To
             desdirect.com>            "Websphere Development Studio
             Sent by:                  Client for iSeries"
             wdsci-l-bounces+x         <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             uanchen=ca.ibm.co                                          cc
             m@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [WDSCI-L] Communications
             05/17/2006 09:20          Failure when Debugging
             AM

             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries
             <wdsci-l@midrange
                   .com>

OK, I've narrowed it down a bit.

It started happenning after I added a procedure that has an extra bit of
SQL  in it (The already-existing SQL is embedded in a subroutine called
from the mainline).  So I commented out that procedure and it's
prototype, recompiled, and now I can debug again.

When the procedure is in there, the program compiles and the procedure
works, so I can't imagine there could be anything fundamentally wrong
with including SQL statements inside of procedures, but is there
something the debugger doesn't like about it ?

(Oh, and I also wanted to mention the secondary issue after the error
occurs: I can't remove the service entry point without completely
locking up RSE.  I did find a work around to this, which is to end the
remote server debug job, which also terminates my SEP).