Hi Fred,

The symptoms you describe (immediate return after log-on) indicate that
the program didn't or couldn't run for some reason (yeah, I know,
profound).

The common reasons are that the library list is not set up right, the
invocation command is not correct, the user doesn't have authority, etc.
So from what you have already done it seems like the libl is OK?  However,
knowing the myriad of errors that I've made I would go back and check that
the library is the right one,  not just for the program but for any PF or
DSPF resources the program needs to run (I generally launch WF'd apps with
a CL that sets up the libl and stuff so it doesn't need to be in the
JOBD).  Also check that there are no typos in the invocation command.  If
you don't have it on you might try turning on job logging as often the
joblog for the failing invocation is useful in tracking down the cause of
the failure.

Mike

Mike Hockings, P.Eng.
WebSphere Development Tools for AS/400  -  CODE/Designer & WebFacing !
IBM Canada Ltd. Laboratory

"Fred Horvat" <horvat@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
2006-04-12 11:19
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries'" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] Error Logging WebFacing

The user being me has command line access.