Hi Adrie,

1. This is very interesting.  &T (member type with *) and &S (member type
without *) are available for user member actions, but not for compile. This
is because compile actions are member type specific, in other words, when
you add a compile command, you explicitly state the member type which the
action applies to.  You cannot specify more than one member type.  So if
you want a compile command to apply to RPG and SQLRPG you would have to add
the compile command to each of the member types.
In your case, this means that you don't really need this variable:  when
you create your compile action using the work with compile commands, simply
specify member type parameter (ie MBRTYPE(xxx)) for your command to be the
same for the Member type field (second field in the dialog).  If you want
your compile command to apply to more than one member type, you will need
to create an action for each member type.

2.  The fact that only member types that have a parser (DDS, RPG, COBOL,
CL) have the compile button and Ctrl+Shift+C enabled will be addressed in a
future release.

thanks,

Violaine Batthish
WebSphere Development Studio Client, IBM Toronto Lab

wdsci-l-bounces+batthish=ca.ibm.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 24/03/2006
07:30:31 AM: