wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 03/08/2006 04:35:59 PM:

> I would love this.  I find the instructions on doing a local install
great
> until you find that you have to set up a the XML policy file.  Then
things
> seem muddy to me.  RSDP Updater still wants to go out and check the
> Internet for updates.  I'm sure I'm just overlooking something simple.

I posted details on how to setup a local update site, which I think is the
easiest and best way to do this if you have more than one client:

http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l/200602/msg00378.html

The great thing about this technique is that you do not need to know where
the updates are located, it just find them via the same mechanism as the
product updater.  It also creates the policy.xml file for you.

The one big negative to this technique is that since it is mirroring the
update site you have to mirror down a lot of updates that you already
applied and otherwise no longer need (unless you setup a new PC).  I just
did this and having this all available locally made it a lot more
manageable.

Mark

Scanned for SoftLanding Systems, Inc. and SoftLanding Europe Plc by IBM Email
Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs.