Terry:

<snip>
Go Window | show view | other | basic | snippet to enable the snippet
view.

Right-click on the snippets view, and select customise.
Click on New to create a new category (drawer).  I called mine RPG.
</snip>

Opening the view was not a problem.  What was a problem was that I had no
drawers visible, so I had nothing to add snippets to!

Once Peter pointed out the "Customize" option and I took a little longer
look at it, I tried adding a drawer (RPGLE in my case).  I noticed the radio
buttons for "Always show", "Always hide" and "Custom".  I selected "Always
show" and suddenly what was a view with a gray background turned into a view
with a white background.  From there options which had been grayed-out
suddenly were available.  And the rest, as they say, is history.

I suspect that I am like a lot of programmers.  When I want to do a specific
function, if it can't be done as a procedure I look for some code like it to
copy from another program.  The problem has always been:  Where was that,
anyway?  No longer, I expect that I will be creating plenty of them over the
next few months.  With the variables, this is as close to drag-and-drop
programming as it gets.

Thanks for your help,
--Bruce Guetzkow