It would be very helpful to get an update error after 15 seconds rather
than 5 hours. ;)

Now for the useful part of my post... this may not fix your problem, but
one issue i've had with running the Rational updates was very tricky to
find...  it had to do with Windows 2003 DEP (Data Execution Prevention)
being set too aggressively.  I needed to change it to the less aggressive
setting, let the updater do it's work, and then create an exception for the
updater and main rationalsdp.exe programs to be excepted from DEP's
protection.  The settings can be found under system properties, advanced,
performance.

             "Daron
             Whitehouse"
             <dwhitehouse@madi                                          To
             co.com>                   <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             wdsci-l-bounces@m
             idrange.com                                           Subject
                                       [WDSCI-L] Rational Product Updare
                                       error
             03/06/2006 09:01
             AM

             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries
             <wdsci-l@midrange
                   .com>

Has anyone encountered the following and if so what might be the
resolution.

Using the Product Updater, I select Find Updates and am returned with the
following list:

IBM Web Developer        6.0.0.1

  -  6.0.1.1                      6.0.1.1

  -  Interim Fix 001 for Rational Web Developer 6.0.1.1

IBM WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries   6.0.0

  -  6.0.1 Refresh Pack                                        6.0.1

  -  Interim Fix 6.0.1.1 for iSeries Tutorials

So, happy that I am to get new updates, I click Install Updates.  Next, I
go
thru the usual dialogs to read Notices and accept the License Agreement.
Upon selecting the appropriate radio button and pressing OK, the Progress
Information dialog flashes and begins a brief download.  After about 10 -
15
seconds I get this message, "Canceling due to errors".  I'm returned to the
Updater with the following in the status box at the top of the screen:

An exception occured while downloading feature from

"
http://www3.software.ibm.com/ibmdl/pub/software/rationalsdp/rwd/60/update/f
eatures/com.ibm.rational.cdi.rac.601.win32_1.0.0.jar".

This error is occurring on 3 machines with differing configurations.  I
have
done several updates after installing WDSCi 6.0 back in Sept with my last
update being in early Jan. '06.

Furthermore, initially after installing WDSCi 6.0, we would have to
un-select the IBM Web Developer checkbox on the Updater - leaving only the
IBM WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries and its siblings
checked
- to successfully download any updates.  Now, doing this action causes all
check boxes to be de-selected after a notification diaglog.  I never did
understand why I could not install updates for IBM Web Developer, but
wasn't
too concerned as our immediate need is for all things iSeries and not Java
and web tooling.  What's this all about?

Thanks in advance,

Daron