H iSteve,

This means WDSc can't connect to the DDM host server (actually DRDA). This
runs on port 446.

1.  Make sure the server is started:  STRTCPSVR *DDM

2.  Make sure you don't have any firewalls blocking this port between your
PC and the iSeries.  We usually find customers have some PC firewall
software installed like Zonelabs or Norton Internet Security that is
blocking that connection.  You need to add a rule to allow that
connection.  It could also be your VPN software blocking that connection,
but I haven't come across that yet.

Don Yantzi
Technical Release Lead
WebSphere Development Studio &
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone: (905) 413-4476
IBM internal:  IBMCA(yantzi)  -  Internet: yantzi@xxxxxxxxxx

"Cross, Steve" <Steve.Cross@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/18/2006 12:33 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries

"Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] WDSC 6.0 through VPN and NAT router

Don,

We verified the connection and everything was successful except the
connection to Record Access Service.  That is showing Failed.  We get
the "Required host servers are not started" error message when we try to
sign on to the AS/400 through WDSC.  Does the failed message mean it's a
firewall issue and if so, can you tell which port needs to be opened?

Thanks,
Steve