Hi Doug,

For the WDSC Integrated Debugger:
Could you please check if there is a QUSRWRK subsystem in your iSeries?  If
yes, is the job QB5ROUTER running in that subsystem?  If not, is the job
QB5ROUTER running in QSYSWRK subsystem instead?
If you find your job is running in QSYSWRK subsystem, could you please end
debug server.  Create the QUSRWRK system, and re-start the debug server.
We've awared of this problem, and the fix will be available in the next fix
pack of WDSC.  For now, you need to submit the debug server job to QUSRWRK
subsystem.
If it still does not work for you, I will take a further look at it.

For the Distributed Debugger:
Just wondering if your PC is under a firewall or if you use NAT (Network
Address Translation) in your environment?

Thanks,

Xuan Chen,  Problem Determination Tools for iSeries
(905) 413-3769 T/L 969-3769
xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx

             "Edwards,
             Douglas"
             <Douglas.Edwards@                                          To
             fnf.com>                  <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             wdsci-l-bounces@m
             idrange.com                                           Subject
                                       [WDSCI-L] Getting Debugger to work

             01/10/2006 11:34
             AM

             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries

Hello all,

I am having trouble getting both the Distributed and the Integrated
debugger to work.  I'll send out this same post to both lists (WDSC and
CODE) since I think they are two separate products.  Here are the facts:

I have at various times got one or both to work.  However, usually (like
now) neither one works.  I think both issues are connectivity.

Before starting any CODE or WDSc work for the day, I run a job that does
the following (gleaned from various posts in the lists):

ENDDBGSVR

Set up library lists

Delete existing and copy a clean STRCODE user space to my current
library

Retrieve IP address

STRDBGSVR

STRCODE    SERVER(&SERVERNAME) RMTLOCNAME(&IP) +

             CMNTYPE(*TCPIP) PORT(*DFT)

This gives me my Code server running in an emulation session.  I can
edit code with no problems; using either the CODE or RSE/WDSc editors.
This generates a couple jobs on a couple ports:

Call pgm(QSYS/Q5BROUTE) on port 3001

Call pgm(QSYS/QB5ROUTER) on port 3825

There are no port restrictions

Now, when I try to use the debuggers on an already running iSeries
interactive job, I get the following:

Distributed Debugger:  It asks for a user profile and password, and
apparently can find the job to debug, because it locks up the job to be
debugged.  But the debugger just sits there after that, and does not
give me the message to start my application, and it does not show the
source to be debugged.  Normally I would see the message to start my
application, and after calling the program to debug, I get the source so
I can add breakpoints.  Now, I get nothing.  Eventually it times out.

Integrated Debugger:  When I try to debug an iSeries job, I get an error
that there is no debug server running, and I need to run the STRDBGSVR
command.  But it is already running.

As far as I know, I am up to date on both applications on the PC side.
On the iSeries side, we are at V5R3 for most of our lic pgms, other than
Websphere, which is at V6R0.

I'd appreciate any help that could be provided.  I have been preaching
the joys of CODE and WDSc to my fellow programmers for many a year, but
it hurts the cause when I can't get this stuff to work.

Doug Edwards

Software Development - iFM

Fidelity Integrated Financial Solutions

601 South Lake Destiny Road, Suite 300