You'll love 5 mbit.
Trust me... it's like nothing else lol.  And like you said, before David
notices... that's my final answer lol.

Ron Power
Programmer
Information Services
City Of St. John's, NL
P.O. Box 908
St. John's, NL
A1C 5M2
709-576-8132
rpower@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.stjohns.ca/
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm. -
Sir Winston Churchill

Peter.Colpaert@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
2006/01/04 10:39 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] RSE 6.0.0.3 now available

I know the quota bites, but as long as my employer picks up the bill, I'm
not complaining.

The cable company is also in the process of upgrading all line speeds, so
I'll get 5Mbit downstream this month or next too.  Can't wait!

My kids access the 'net through my linux firewall/proxy/server, so if I
notice that they're using too much of my bandwidth, there will be quota's
for them too <vbg>.

And now back to WDSCi before David wakes up.

Peter Colpaert
Application Developer
Massive - Kontich, Belgium
-----
Yoda of Borg are we.  Futile is resistance, assimilated will you be.
-----

RPower@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
04/01/2006 14:52
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] RSE 6.0.0.3 now available

Ah,
I see now.  Our firewall will ask for your password once, then while the
user is active on the net, it won't ask anymore, until as which time 10
minutes of inactivity passes then which it will prompt you again.  It's a
pretty big patch lol.  That bites that you have a quota at home.  Our
cable company here was thinking of putting in a 60 gig limit, so I
switched over to Ultra Highspeed DSL.  5 megabit connection with unlimited

download capability.  I typically use about 20 - 30 gig a month at home.
My son probably uses about 5 gig, if that.

Ron Power
Programmer
Information Services
City Of St. John's, NL
P.O. Box 908
St. John's, NL
A1C 5M2
709-576-8132
rpower@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.stjohns.ca/
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm. -
Sir Winston Churchill

Peter.Colpaert@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
2006/01/04 10:08 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] RSE 6.0.0.3 now available

Ron,

I'm asking because I noticed the download in the updater when I got back
from my hard-earned holiday <g>.

As I didn't want to stay here all night entering my firewall password
every 10 minutes (it times out after that time, I think), I asked the
network peeps to download it from the FTP server, to which us mere mortals

have no access.

The guy asked me wether it was a "patch" or a complete new installation
package...

Downloading it at home would be an option, were it not that I've got a
cable subscription with quota, and I managed to use up 85% of my 15Gig
during the holidays (don't ask how ;-)

I think I'll have it put on the network here, bring my laptop to work some

day, and make a nice DVD backup of it for personal use.

Best regards,

Peter Colpaert
Application Developer
Massive - Kontich, Belgium
-----
Yoda of Borg are we.  Futile is resistance, assimilated will you be.
-----

RPower@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
04/01/2006 14:27
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] RSE 6.0.0.3 now available

Oh god, that was last week or better.  Yeah I downloaded and installed it.

 Did it at home too, although home was much quicker.  I don't think 1.25
gig is that big anymore to be honest, not when my download speeds are over

900 k/sec at home.  Why do you ask?