Are you running against V5R3 of OS/400? If so, there is a PTF that is supposed to help. SI12763 (included in CUME 4118?) has the following in the cover letter:

DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM FIXED FOR APAR SE13693 :
  When CRTSQLRPGI is used with OPTION(*EVENTF) and RPGPPOPT has a
  parameter other than *NONE, event-file processing by WDSC cannot
  handle all the generated errors because the source file used
  by the SQL-precompile phase of the compile is a temporary file
  in QTEMP.  When the line in the Error List window of RSE is
  double-clicked, msgEVFF5033I is issued, saying that the member
  in file QSQLPRE cannot be opened because it is in QTEMP.

CORRECTION FOR APAR SE13693 :
-----------------------------
  The ILE RPG compiler will be changed so that errors generated
  during the RPG preprocessor phase of the CRTSQLRPGI command
  will be handled correctly by eventfile processing.  The
  temporary source file generated by the RPG preprocessor will
  be copied to the target library specified on the OBJ parameter
  of CRTSQLRPGI, making the source file available to event-file
  processing.

I don't think there is anything for earlier releases of OS/400. But I repeat something from my earlier post - try interactive compiles. This can be set in Windows->Preferences->Remote Systems->iSeries->Command Execution.

Another alternative is to do only the precompile, putting the intermediate source in a non-QTEMP liberar, then compiling from that. An old technique, I believe.

HTH
Vern