We WILL be getting a WDSC-lite in the near future, Mark, which will be
small footprint and minimal machine requirements but that still won't be
a "run anywhere" version.  I think the problem with releasing the
plug-ins in a standalone version is that IBM really pushes the envelope
of the plug-in architecture, and so what works on one release of Eclipse
tends to not work on the next release.  I think we saw a direct result
of that when version 5.1.2 came out (lots of new functionality, but on
Eclipse 2.1) followed quite a bit later by version 6.0 (basically the
same features, but on Eclipse 3.0).

Joe