There are a ton of things you can do to help your programs, but a lot
depends on how you write your code.  Are you accessing data files?  If
so, how?  Are you using JDBC?  Connection pools?   EJBs?   Also, be sure
you have a separate pool set up for the web application server.  Since
web app servers are Java applications, they require a JVM.  JVM paging
requirements seem to be at odds with normal OS/400 paging so they work
best when they have their own pool with anywhere from 500MB on up,
depending on the size of your application.

Joe

> From: Michael Soucy
>
> Does anyone out there know of any place where I could find some
> performance tips to help speed up applications running on WAS Express
6.0?
> We have an iSeries model 810 running WAS express 6.0.  I have a web
tools
> application that I've written.  The application was written using
WDSCi
> v5.1.2.4, and is very simple (which would make it J2EE version 1.3).
The