I've also found, since I'm trying to make an effort to use WDSC
exclusively, is that if I highlight a number of members in the table view
to rename them, it doesn't allow any of the new names to be the same as
another member even though it is in a different source file and has a
different source attribute.

For example:
1. Copy SFCLB36 (physical file) and SFCLB36 (RPGLE program) to another
library.
2. Rename the copied source by highlighting both member in the table view
at the same time and selecting rename.
3. Another table comes up to allow you to quickly rename the members.  You
can't make them both SFCLB40, because a 'duplicate name' error is issued.

This is a simplified example while in real life I'm trying this on 10-20
objects at a time.  You can do it my renaming from the table one at a time,
but this could be done more quickly in PDM during the install copy, where
you can copy and rename at the same time.  Of course in WDSC's defense, you
can't select across source files in PDM, which is why I'd like the WDSC
solution to work better.

             darren@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:
             wdsci-l-bounces@m                                          To
             idrange.com               "midrange-WDSC WDSC message board"
                                       <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc
             09/29/2005 03:43
             PM                                                     Fax to

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         [WDSCI-L] iSeries Table view not
                 Websphere             updating From-File when using the
                Development            PDM Copy-To function
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries
             <wdsci-l@midrange
                   .com>

I've found that if I try and copy multiple members in the iSeries table
view, that the to-file is not updated correctly, if they are not all from
the same source file.  For example, I'm copying QCLSRC(SFCLB34C) and
QRPGLESRC(SFCLB34) by selecting both members and selecting PDM Copy-to.
When the prompt comes up for QRPGLESRC(SFCLB34), the to file is QCLSRC
instead of QRPGLESRC like it should be.

Its a little nit-picky yes, but I was hoping that the ability to copy in
multiple source files might outweigh the inconvenience of not being able to
mass change the copy-to library like you can do in PDM.  Is there perhaps a
better method of copying source?