There is a cross-reference "Table 2" in the Installation Guide of WDSC
for iSeries 6.0 that shows what happens when you try to install more
than one product of the Rational Software Development Platform (I guess
they are going to start referring to it as RSDP and I will be wondering
that it stands for so I decided to write the whole name).

Based on what that table depicts (Manual says vertical axis represents
products already installed, horizontal products attempting to be
installed), if you have WDSC already and try to install RAD you will be
"sharing" which means "the second product extends the capabilities of an
existing product" without installing another workspace. If you have RAD
and install WDSC you will be "upgrading" which means "you will be
upgraded to the product with the higher functionality. The first product
will be uninstalled but the workspace" remains untouched.

I may be wrong, but I personally think that in that table Horizontal
must be products installed and Vertical products you are trying to
install which would be that if you have WDSC and install RAD it updates
to RAD (higher functionality), and if you have RAD and install WDSC you
share (Because RAD has all the features already).

Anyway you can look by yourself in the document I mention. Sorry for the
long message.
Martin