But see "JVM Tuning" here:
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/05/517_radtip/#N10436

Gary Karasiuk of IBM Toronto suggests not changing this argument on V6
since the standard is half of available memory. He says to use -Xmaxf,
-Xminf and -Xgcpolicy:optavgpause instead. You can also use these
parameters in the ini file instead of on the command line (shortcut
property), which I find cleaner.

Or am I missing something?

Robbin D. Knapp, IT
Artweger GmbH. & Co., Sulzbach 159, 4820 Bad Ischl, Austria
http://www.artweger.at

wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb am 22.08.2005 15:12:47:

> I did a ClubTech tip last year that dealt with this.
>
> "Increase Virtual Machine Heap Size
> I have shortcuts to my different version installs of Eclipse, and if you
are
> getting a Java Out Of Memory error you may want to try and increase your
> Virtual Machine Heap Size by specifying -vmargs -Xmx512M on the shortcut
or
> alias icon. For example:
> "C:\Program Files\eclipse3.1M2\eclipse.exe" -vmargs -Xmx512M
>
> For those using WDSc you can point it at this location:
> "C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio\Site Developer\v5.1\wdsc.exe"
>
> To access this property of a shortcut, right click on the shortcut and
> select Properties. You will then edit the Target field and add the
> aforementioned arguments to the end of the Target fields contents. Note
that
> this is the setting I specified for a machine with 1.5GB of Memory."
>
> HTH,
> Aaron Bartell

On