Don,
      I take it the phrase "WDSc V6.0 will not support OS/400 V5R1 any
longer." means WDSC V6.0 will still run under V5R1 but will not be entitled
to support for any problems encountered after Sep 30th 2005?.

regards

James O'Sullivan
Senior Technical Consultant
email: josulli4@xxxxxxx
Office: +44 1252 536681
Fax: +44 1252 534022
www: www.csc.com
Based at: Tower 2, Floor 2, Royal Pavilion, Wellesley Road, Aldershot,
Hampshire, GU11 1PZ

CSC Corporation Limited: No. 1812179.
All registered office addresses: Royal Pavilion, Wellesley Road, Aldershot,
Hampshire, GU11 1PZ. Registered in England.

delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the
mistake in delivery. NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not
operate to bind CSC to any order or other contract unless
pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly
permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose.

             Don Yantzi
             <yantzi@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  Websphere Development Studio Client
             wdsci-l-bounces@m         for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             idrange.com                                                cc

                                                                   Subject
             08/08/2005 20:26          RE: [WDSCI-L] Version 6

             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries
             <wdsci-l@midrange
                   .com>

Hope this helps clarify a bit...

OS/400 V5R1 goes out of service on September 30, 2005
(
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/support/iseries/planning/software/i5osschedule.html
)

>From now until September 30, 2005:

Anyone on V5R1 can order WDSc 6.0 and WDSc V6.0 will support OS/400 V5R1.

After September 30, 2005:

You cannot order WDSc 6.0 for OS/400 V5R1 and WDSc V6.0 will not support
OS/400 V5R1 any longer.

I'm not exactly sure what happens on the exact day September 30, 2005 : )

Don Yantzi
Technical Release Lead
WebSphere Development Studio &
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone: (905) 413-4476
IBM internal:  IBMCA(yantzi)  -  Internet: yantzi@xxxxxxxxxx

"Joe Pluta" <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
08/04/2005 02:59 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries

"'Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries'" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: [WDSCI-L] Version 6

It's getting really ugly out there.

I just got a call from IBM saying that V6 of WDSC has been withdrawn for
support with V5R1 -- that is, you cannot order V6 if you are at V5R1.
This is directly in contradiction with the requirements page:

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/awdtools/wds400/sysreq/

I've got a voicemail in with the poor tech support guy whose job it is
to tell us V5R1 slobs, but he's just the messenger.  I'm going to see if
I can't get some information from other folks at IBM.

Joe

> From: Vernon Hamberg
>
> I'm running WDSC 6 against a V5R1 development box - no problems.
Something